Monday 21 September 2015

Stand ye ready?

Just came back from Spring thing, Viking themed event held in southron gaard. It's always great to see different ways of having events and different activities. Spring thing included a Treasure hunt, Archery (wand shoot), Heavy (holmgang), Bardic circle and a potluck.

I am also saddened at the announcement of our baron and baroness stepping down from the role, but I understand the need for change and new idea's/blood and see the demand the office takes on your time and skills, I am proud to be a part of Southron gaard, a group where so much effort is put into the simplest of things but it does take its toll over time.

Post event prep saves a lot of time in the long run, as soon as I get home I pack my gear ready for the next event, clean soft kit and garb, oil straps and start on repairs and preventative maintenance. Then bag and pack everything away so when it comes to leaving again for another event it's all in it's place and ready to leave.

The last thing you want to do is be cleaning mud from garb the day before an event.

Stand ye ready? Ildhafn may invade at any moment.



No comments:

Post a Comment