Tuesday 4 August 2015

Never to rise.

The quest to build a better armour continues and hopefully will until the day I drop to the dirt, never to rise.

My aim is to more period with keeping safety in the forefront to this end I am redesigning my whole set of Armour with my changing needs for fighting.

From practice I have learnt that it needs to be robust and easy care, I honor my gear by lavishing much attention to it, cleaning and oiling it so it it always in top working condition but my new set with require more of my time so the other parts need to be low maintenance as possible while still retaining period appearance.

From events I have learnt I need more protection, especially for wars. Opponents can come at you from all sides and love your weak spots (as they should) I have decided to go full hard body (2 piece steel) for maximum protection (and period for my persona)

From my lady I have learnt what I want and what I need are two different things, we all have needs that must be fulfilled first and so time is a great factor in creation of kit, but the does not mean you should sit idle when there is work to be done.

From my friends and companions I have learnt to stand out is not a sin, Be shiny and revel in it. For excelling in an art is not something to be ashamed of or to stop trying to become better, do not be ashamed of having good gear, but never stop improving.

"Once more unto the breach, dear friends, once more;
Or close the wall up with our English dead.
In peace there's nothing so becomes a man
As modest stillness and humility;
But when the blast of war blows in our ears,
Then imitate the action of the tiger. . . ."

No comments:

Post a Comment